This is such a hot topic in my household. A toddler can destroy a lot of things. My makeup, toys, clothes etc. But when they start affecting my carpet, couch and furniture something has GOT to be done. We have been through probably 4 different styles and brands of sippy cups in our household. Some have straws, some have clicking lids, and some have super “spill proof” spouts. As a consumer and a mom I will tell you, they don’t work. They all lied to me and my couch. Needless to say I was on the hunt for something new, exciting and literally spill proof. Not figuratively. Let’s help answer the question: What Sippy Cup is Right For You?
When looking for a sippy cup or bottle there are a few things you need to keep in mind-
- Age of your child- You should make sure you are picking an age appropriate bottle or cup for your baby or child. If they are a newborn obviously you will want a newborn sized nipple in the bottle, and move up from there. If you have a toddler you will want a sippy cup vs a bottle which has a bigger hole where liquid comes out.
- Style of cup- This is more a personal preference for you and your child. They have sippy cups with handles on either side which makes it easy for the child to hold on to, or if they are just learning to hold on to it themselves. Or, there is the style cups that are like “big” people cups and do not have handles on the side. This is maybe for an older toddler, a small child or just to be used at the dinner table.
Now let’s take a look at some of the noteworthy cups that have MADE THE CUT
I personally have this cup in blue and will say- It is worth every single $9.99. It’s a miracle cup. My toddler has thrown it, tried to purposefully dump out it’s contents on to my floor without any success. It took us a minute to figure out how to actually get the liquid out…but once they figure it out, they will love it! I feel confident enough to send him to bed every night with this cup and rest assured there will be no mess in the morning.
Info about this cup:
- 7 fluid ounce/207 ml Spill Free Training Cup for Babies. (9m+)
- 360° EVEN-SEAL™ drinking edge! No spouts, levers or buttons
- Wow Freshness Lid included! NEW Comfort Lip Edge that allows the baby to drink easier and more naturally.
- Wow Baby drinkware is a healthy and natural solution for babies starting at 9 months old. The spill free design virtually eliminates any messy clean-up and because there are no spouts and straws, the 360° Uni-Flow™ drinking edge provides a healthy alternative that helps toddlers develop the oral and motor coordination to transition into a regular open round cup sooner without the headache and frustration of dealing with spills and endless training sessions. In addition, the no-spout and no-straw design helps in the prevention of potential Orthodontia issues due to long term sucking on spouts.
- BPA, Phthalate & PVC Free: 100% guaranteed food safe materials.
- Dishwasher Safe: Clean all parts safely & easily.
- Fun & Easy to Use: Kids of all ages find the Wow Cup® simple to use and lots of fun!
- Supports Natural Oral Development: Because there are no spouts and straws, the Wow Cup®’s patented 360° Uni-Flow™ drinking edge helps toddlers develop the oral and motor coordination to transition into an open round cup sooner without spilling the contents and assists in the prevention of potential Orthodontia issues due to long term sucking on spouts.
- Interchange Freshness Lids & Silicone Valves : The Wow Baby and Wow Kids Freshness Lids and Silicone Valves can be used on both cups.
- *Not for use with hot and carbonated beverages.
- Colors come in Blue, Pink, and Green
Now that I’ve have been a one person infomercial on this product, let’s move to the next 🙂
This is no ordinary “straw” cup. There is a weighted straw so that your toddler will no longer be crying when he thinks the drink is gone, but really the straw isn’t touching it. What?! It has an easy covered lid that even your child can cover up. Spilling days are OVER.
Info About This Cup:
- BOT features the original SILIFLEX-straw technology that is designed with a weighted ball so the straw always moves to the liquid regardless of the orientation of the cup. With its valve-free flexible straw, weighted ball and integrated handle, both babies and toddlers will find it easy to sip to the last drop.
- BPA & Phthalate free
- SILIFLEX-straw technology
- Capacity: 6 oz. / 180 ml
- Colors come in Pink, Green, and Blue
No leaking here either. Again, the weighted straw makes it easy for your child to get every last drop and stay happy and mess free! Making mom happy too 🙂
Info About This Cup:
- With its innovative weighted straw, the essential sippy cup lets your tiny tot drink to the very last drop.
- Weighted straw moves with the liquid, whatever angle the cup is tipped
- Designed to increase independence with its easy grip handle
- Leak Proof
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA, Phthalates and PVC free
- The perfect cup, at home or on the go. Team with the essential snack pack and essential travel bib for the ultimate picnic pack.
- Important care instructions:
- Do not fill with hot liquid
- Do not use with fizzy drinks
- Do not place in microwave. Stainless steel weighted ball
- Check straw before each use and replace at first sign of damage
- Colors come in Grape, Blue, Raspberry
Info About This Cup:
- made in the USA
- BPA-free and phthalate-free
- all materials and parts are FDA-approved and conform to the US Consumer Product Safety Commisssion’s regulations
- flexible straw has a weighted end that anchors in the liquid to help young children drink effectively, even when the cup is tilted
- straw is valve-free, making it easy for young children to sip
- handle is easily removable from the base of the cup for placement in most cup holders
- minimal parts make the cup easy to clean
- straw-cleaning brush included for added convenience
- 9+ months
- holds up to 10 ounces/296 ml of liquid
- Colors come in Posh Pink, Bold Red, Happy Orange, Brave Blue
This awesome cup is designed with the same technology as the one with handles. This is for maybe at the table use, or for your toddler who wants to feel like a big kid 🙂 I honestly am contemplating buying this for my older kids as well, 6 and 9. It’s cute, functional and that way NO KID can make any more messes! Brilliant.
It’s super sleek looking, and completely genius. It will be the coolest cup in the cupboard.
Info About This Cup:
- It’s got a unique grip that little kids love. It’s also spill-resistant, so everything in a 20-foot radius has a better chance of staying clean and dry.
- Angled spout requires less head tipping
- Ergonomic two-handed grip
- Perfect for small hands
- Two-piece design
- 9 oz.
- BpA-free, Phthalate-free and PVC-free
- Recommended ages: 9+ months
- Colors come in blue/orange and purple/magenta
These are all the cups that I highly recommend to any mom of a toddler or kids in general. No more frustrated messes to scrub or clean up, at least liquid made messes 🙂
I will do a bottle compilation next to showcase some of the best baby bottles on the market!